Online Bidding September 26th - 29th
Opening Bid - $800,000
Mt. Carmel: In 1855, Father Charles M. Menard, purchased land and built a school for girls on this site. The sisters of Mt. Carmel bought the property and building, operating the school from 1855 until the Thibodaux Central Catholic High School opened in 1965. The Carmel Inn & Suites was opened in 1973 on the same original site as the school. The hotel was originally operated as a Holiday Inn in 1973, then under the Ramada Inn flag and now as the Carmel Inn & Suites. The hotel qualifies for the Clarion Inn franchise and has recently been invited into the Clarion program.
In 2009 the hotel was restored to reflect its history and was renamed the Carmel Inn & Suites.
The Carmel Inn & Suites features 94 total guest rooms and suites including the Bridal Suite and King Suite, six banquet and meeting rooms totaling over 6400 SF, restaurant, kitchen, breakfast dining room, fitness room, outdoor pool, additional land area and a separate house/apartment. The Carmel Inn & Suites is located on the banks of Bayou Lafourche, approximately 1/2 mile from Nicholls State University and just blocks from Hwy. 20. Highway 1 is the main entry to Thibodaux.
Carmel Inn & Suites - 400 First St., Thibodaux, LA 70301