AVAILABLE! ASKING $8.9 MILLION
Historic Royal Cosmopolitan Hotel Property
121 Royal St., French Quarter, New Orleans, LA 70130
Architect Proposed Rendering Front Elevation & Historic Photos Historic Article Historic New Orleans Collection Photos Historic Surveys Historic Transfers Proposed Plans Title Commitment Aerial View French Quarter MapClick Here for Zoning Info State & Federal Historic Tax Credits Broker Registration Offering Memorandum
- Perfect for Hotel, Restaurant, Condos & Event Facility
- 5 1/2 Story Historic Hotel Circa 1892
- One of the last French Quarter Hotel Sites
- Recent Zoning for 120 ft., 13 Story Tower
- State & Federal Tax Credits
- 1 Block off Bourbon & Canal Streets
- 2017 New Orleans Visitors 17.74 million (NOCVB)
- New International Airport Complete in 2019
- Great Investment/Development Property
- The 100 block of Royal Street has some of the highest foot traffic in the French Quarter as visitors walk to the Royal Street hotels, restaurants, and antique shops
The original building was constructed in 1892 as the Cosmopolitan Hotel and later becoming the Astor Hotel in 1925. The original hotel extended from Royal Street to Bourbon Street. The current building is located on Royal Street and extends 160 towards Bourbon Street and is 44 feet wide with an offset in the rear. The original building is a five-story masonry building with a rear cast iron facade which is in good repair. The rear ballroom portion of the building has collapsed over the years, however, many of the decorative structural elements have been preserved and could be used in the reconstruction.
The historic front building has been nominated for the National Register and could be restored back to the original condition both inside and out. This portion of the construction is eligible for both State and Federal Historic Tax Credits.